MINUTES OF MEETING
26th July 2021, Eardisley Village Hall
Present: Cllrs Alan Watkins, Phil Bayliss, Ian Bowman, Chris England, James Forrest, Ken Goodman, Geoff Greenhill, Andrew Layton, Terry Morgan, Lewis Price, Sue Prosser, Tony Raymond, Paul Whittall and Steven Whittall
In Attendance: Ward Councillor Graham Jones Clerk to the Parish Council, Alison Morgan
Members of the Public: 1
1. Apologies were accepted from Cllrs Nancy James and Yvonne King
2. No Declarations of Interest or requests for Dispensation were received for this meeting.
3. Open Discussion:
3.1. Ward Councillor Address: Graham advised the scheduled HC full council meeting had been cancelled; it is likely the town hall will be put up for sale; the Planning 5-year housing supply current measurement is 6.9 years (see planning report below); no update was available on timing for the Whitney toll bridge road repairs although design works are complete meaning tenders can now be re-submitted on a level playing field. Parking issues in central Eardisley were raised with a possible TRO suggested for time-restricted parking. Upcoming road closures in Eardisley were also discussed.
3.2. Public Participation Period:
- The Chairman participated in the last HC Summit zoom meeting and found it very interesting. The new HC CEO Paul Walker spoke about forging closer relationships with Herefordshire parish councils. Topics covered included increased funding for flood alleviation, trust issues with and unresponsiveness of BBLP and Section 106 allocation issues. It is hoped HC will begin addressing these areas in the near future.
4. Minutes of the last meeting held on 21st June were APPROVED as a true record; they were duly signed by the Chairman and will be available via the PC web site very soon.
5. Finance & Compliance Working Group Report: The Clerk reported all year end accounting paperwork has been published and receipt acknowledgement of the exemption certificate from the external auditors was received. The new noticeboards are ready for delivery; £960.00 was received from Eardisley Post Office and banked in the past week (green bags) and the meetings schedule for the remaining 2021 calendar year has been issued. All meetings to be held in Eardisley Village Hall for the time being; the situation vis-à-vis Covid-19 will continue to be monitored.
6. Planning Working Group (PWG) Report: Work on NDP draft revisions and the Community Asset Transfer initiative are still in process. The latest information from HC re its achievement of 6.9 years housing supply means EGPC’s NDP housing policies should no longer be considered ‘out of date’. Implications of this development will be followed up by the PWG with HC Planning and NDP teams.
6.1. Planning Applications: the following planning application was considered.
6.1.1. P212210/F Questmoor Farm, Eardisley HR3 6LN: Proposed new farm access and track. The PWG recommendation to support this application was APPROVED.
As usual, a round-up of all planning activity can be found on the HC Planning Portal (direct link from EGPC web site): https://eardisleygrouppc.org/planning-applications/ .
7. Highways Working Group Report: Topics included SIDs, which are up & running again following purchase of a new mobile phone; a Form SID1 (Speed Indicator Device (SID) Assessment Request Form was completed for signature by the Chairman and Ward Councillor. The report can be found in full on the Highways page of the EGPC web site: https://eardisleygrouppc.org/highways-working-group-reports/ Current and past SID reports are available here: https://eardisleygrouppc.org/highways/speed-indicator-devices-sids/
8.1. Bank balances as at 9th July 2021 were reviewed and noted. A summary is attached to these minutes.
8.2. The following payments made under delegated powers or prior approval in Minutes since the meeting on 21st June were RATIFIED:
|Ref.||Payee||Description||Gross Amount (£)||VAT (£)|
|8.2.1||HMRC||Employer PAYE (Q4/2020)||87.98||0.00|
|8.2.2||HMRC||Employer PAYE (Q1/2021)||76.19||0.00|
|8.2.3||A Morgan||Salary (Apr-Jun 2021)*|
|8.2.4||H Council||Green Bags (2 Boxes)||480.00||0.00|
|8.2.5||H Council||Green Bags (2 Boxes)||480.00||0.00|
|8.2.6||HALC||Internal Audit 2021||240.00||40.00|
|8.2.7||Signs of Cheshire Ltd||Noticeboards Deposit||1,266.00||211.00|
|8.2.8||Autela Payroll Services||Payroll Processing (Q1/2021)||50.40||8.40|
|8.2.9||John Lewis||Replacement Mobile Phone||79.00||13.33|
8.3 It was RESOLVED to pay the following:
|Ref.||Payee||Description||Gross Amount (£)||VAT (£)|
|8.3.1||A Morgan||Office Expenses (June)||18.94||1.36|
|8.3.2||A Morgan||Salary (Jun-Aug 2021)*|
*In accordance with Clerk’s contract of employment (confidential); noted for previous months in the financial year retrospectively, in compliance with internal auditor recommendation to include such payments in the minutes without totals, since the latter is classified as personal data.
9. Correspondence: The following correspondence was noted:
9.1. HC Summit meeting notes: the full version has been circulated to councillors for information.
9.2. Donation Request – Victim Support Charity; the Clerk has sent a link to the PC’s policy and application form.
9.3. Email from Mr & Mrs Warne (Winforton) regarding protection of the stone cross. The PC’s previously considered response has not changed, i.e., this should be a community-led project.
9.4. Bus Survey (Herefordshire Council). Link to be circulated to village networks; individual councillors may also wish to participate at their discretion.
9.5. HALC Information Corner: notification, amongst other topics, of a free community tree scheme. The Clerk will apply for the Millennium Green Trust; NALC on-line training may be of interest to councillors. The full document has been circulated.
9.6. Lara Edwards (BBLP) confirming the Whitney layby bin should be emptied weekly (Monday) and the contractor has been asked to provide a photographic record.
9.7. Email from Rob Bryan to confirm his membership of the Environment Working Group.
10. Matters for the Next Agenda – No discussion. No meeting in August, so requests to be sent to the Clerk, as below.