MINUTES OF MEETING

18th October 2021, Eardisley Village Hall

Present: Cllrs Alan Watkins, Phil Bayliss, James Forrest, Ken Goodman, Geoff Greenhill, Yvonne King, Andrew Layton, Terry Morgan, Lewis Price, Tony Raymond, Paul Whittall and Steven Whittall

In Attendance: Ward Councillor Graham Jones Clerk to the Parish Council, Alison Morgan

Members of the Public: 7

1. Apologies were accepted from Cllrs Ian Bowman, Chris England, Nancy James and Sue Prosser.

2. No Declarations of Interest or requests for Dispensation were received for this meeting.

3. Open Discussion:

3.1. Ward Councillor Address: Graham reported on a range of topics, including: the ‘new’ Director of Children’s Services in Herefordshire has left and been replaced by Dale Freeman as the interim Director while recruitment is underway; HC’s budget process is ongoing; the Fownhope road repairs came in significantly under budget; HC has committed to resettlement of a minimum of 125 Afghan refugees by 2025, with 56 members of family groups being relocated by the end of 2021.

3.2. Public Participation Period: Matters raised included:

    • Enforcement of planning conditions at Ramblers Way, Winforton
    • Traffic and road safety concerns, Eardisley.

4. Minutes of the last meeting held on 20th September were APPROVED as a true record; they were duly signed by the Chair and will be available via the PC web site shortly.

5. Finance & Compliance Working Group (FCWG) Report: The Clerk reported the PC’s VAT claim of £872.09 was paid in full by HMRC; full bank reconciliation for the first two quarters was in process and would be finalised by the next meeting; results will be published on the PC’s web site.

5.1. Asset Register Review: proposed updates to the register were reviewed, in respect of the new noticeboards and minor changes noted at the annual meeting. The new format of the register is a result of this report now being run from the Scribe accounting system. Proposed changes were APPROVED, although it was noted valuation of war memorials should be reconsidered as a separate step and associated insurance cover checked, if appropriate.

5.2. Budget Tracker Report H1/2021-22: The Clerk presented the half yearly budget tracker report, also run from the Scribe accounting system. Feedback from councillors on the new layout was very positive and after discussion, the figures and status were APPROVED. Prior to the next PC meeting, the FCWG will review a range of detailed reports and forecasts to make recommendations on precept levels for 2022-23.

6. Planning Working Group (PWG) Report: it was noted the group had discussed an email from Mr & Mrs Wills regarding planning conditions 3 and 4 at Plots 1 and 2 Ramblers Way, Winforton and will write to Herefordshire Council Planning underlining the PC’s support for enforcement action to be taken. Graham advised Kevin Jones and Mark Tansley should be included in the distribution. All councillors wishing to submit contributions to a draft response from the PC to the recent HC Local Plan questionnaire are requested to do so no later than 5th November. Please send feedback via the Clerk for ease of consolidation and distribution to the PWG members.

6.1. Planning Applications: the following planning application was considered:

6.1.1. P213534/F – Land adjacent to Willersley Court Farm, Willersley, Herefordshire HR3 6ED – Proposed erection of three holiday let lodges, including creation of parking area, access track and installation of a sewage package treatment plant. After consideration, no objections were raised and it was agreed the proposal was compliant with NDP policies for local economic development and sustainability. The recommendation of the PWG was therefore RESOLVED the PC should support this application.

7. Highways Working Group (HWG) Report: Topics included an update on faults reported to HC/BBLP, a parish drive round booked with the new locality steward (Paul Hunter) for 1st November; additional salt/grit provision and recommendations on the agenda item below. The report can be found in full on the Highways page of the EGPC web site: https://eardisleygrouppc.org/highways-working-group-reports/ Current and past SID reports are available here: https://eardisleygrouppc.org/highways/speed-indicator-devices-sids/

7.1. SID Baseplate Relocation: at the request of the PC, the HWG conducted research into the feasibility and costs of re-locating the SID baseplates in Eardisley and Winforton to take account of traffic calming measures implemented in the past 5 years in these villages. HC/BBLP have provided quotes for works in two stages, as follows: Stage 1) local speed assessments at the sites must be carried out to determine whether new base plates can/should be installed at each of the 4 locations. Cost: £940.00+VAT, payable in advance. NB: all proposed locations will be reviewed by a BBLP traffic engineer prior to conducting speed surveys. Should relocation not be considered feasible at any or all of the sites, speed surveys will not proceed and monies will be refunded accordingly. Stage 2) Assuming all 4 locations are deemed suitable and speed surveys are completed successfully, the cost for installing 4 new bases would be £1,600.00+VAT. The HWG recommends leaving the old baseplates in situ as it may be possible to re-use them to deploy Vehicle Activated Signs (VAS) in the future. The PC APPROVED the quotes provided and it was AGREED the HWG would contact BBLP to initiate the first stage. The PC will be kept updated on progress.

8. Environment Matters: The Clerk is in the process of sending background information to Cllr John Harrington regarding the flooding issues raised at the September meeting and related matters.

8.1. Flood Risk Eardisley: it was proposed and AGREED the Clerk should arrange a walk around for representative councillors of sites believed to be at risk of flooding in Eardisley, together with representatives from Herefordshire Council / Balfour Beatty. In the interim, the Chair, interested Eardisley councillors and members of the Environment Working Group will informally do a prior walk round to evaluate the situation and consider options. The latter can be organised as soon as possible and should be done in preparation for any subsequent meeting with HC/BBLP.

9. Payments and Receipts:

9.1. Bank balances as at 8th October 2021 were reviewed and noted. A summary is attached to these minutes.

9.2. The following payments made under delegated powers or prior approval in Minutes since the meeting on 20th September were RATIFIED:

Ref. Payee Description Gross Amount (£) VAT (£)
9.2.1 Autela Payroll Services PY Services Q2/2021-22 50.40 8.40
9.2.2 HALC Website/Domain Hosting 2020-21 66.00 11.00
9.2.3 Herefordshire Council Green Bags (2 Boxes) 480.00 0.00

9.3. It was RESOLVED to pay the following:

Ref. Payee Description Gross Amount (£) VAT (£)
9.3.1 CommuniCorp Clerks & Councils Direct Sub 12.00 0.00
9.3.2 Starboard Systems Ltd Scribe Annual Sub Renewal 345.60 57.60
9.3.3 A Morgan Office Expenses (Sept) 15.34 1.36
9.3.4 A Morgan Salary (October 2021) As per contract of employment

10. Correspondence: The following correspondence was noted:

10.1. HC clarification on additional supplies of grit salt.
10.2. Email from Winforton resident regarding footpath access on WW9.
10.3. HC Local Plan update and parish council survey
10.4. HC clarification on its dog waste bin policy

11. Matters for the Next Agenda – No discussion.

Please send Agenda items for the next meeting to the Clerk by Friday, 19th November 2021, thank you.

NEXT MEETING: Monday, 29th November 2021, 7:30pm, Eardisley Village Hall