Minutes – Monday, 21st May 2018, Eardisley Village Hall
Present: Chris Davies, Phil Eggerton, James Forrest, Ken Goodman, Andrew Layton, Terry Morgan, Andrew Preece, Lewis Price, Sue Prosser, Tony Raymond, Alan Watkins (Chair), Paul Whittall
In Attendance: Cllr Philip Price, Herefordshire Council Cabinet Member for Infrastructure; Clerk to the Parish Council – Alison Morgan
Members of the Public: 7
1. Alan Watkins was duly re-elected as Chairman for the forthcoming year and signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office, which will be held on file.
2. Ken Goodman was also re-elected as Vice Chairman for the upcoming year.
3. Apologies were noted from Cllrs Phillips and Skelton. Not in Attendance: R Taylor, S Whittall, J Wyatt
4. No Declarations of Interest were received for agenda items at this meeting. The Chairman reminded councillors of their responsibility to notify any change to Disclosable Pecuniary Interests within 28 days of said change.
5. Elections took place for the following roles:
• Footpath Officers: Steve Whittall was re-confirmed for Eardisley; Terry Morgan for Whitney and Susan Warne for Winforton.
• Tree Warden: Andrew Layton will continue in this role, under the umbrella of the Environment Working Group.
• Eardisley Village Hall Representatives: Chris Davies and Andrew Preece were re-confirmed as representatives.
• Millennium Green Representatives: Andrew Layton, Tony Raymond and Julian Wyatt were re-confirmed in these roles.
• Kington Medical Review Commission: Paul Whittall was confirmed as EGPC’s representative (together with Roger Phillips).
6. Membership of Working Groups was reviewed and confirmed as follows:
• Finance & Compliance: Alan Watkins, Ken Goodman, Alison Morgan (Clerk), Sue Prosser, Andrew Layton, Paul Whittall. No change.
• Planning: Chris Davies, Phil Eggerton, James Forrest, Terry Morgan, Andrew Preece (councillors); Nancy James & Glynn Bailey (residents). No change.
• Highways: James Forrest, Terry Morgan, Steve Whittall, Julian Wyatt (councillors); Glynn Bailey (resident). No change.
• Environment: Andrew Layton, Lewis Price, Paul Whittall (councillors); Karen Anthony and Tim Jones were nominated as new resident members.
• Community Services: Andrew Preece, Lewis Price, Tony Raymond (councillors). No change. Resident members are still being sought for this group.
7. Insurance: The Clerk explained insurance brokers BHIB Ltd. had taken over from Aon with effect from the 2018 renewal. There were no material changes to the cover, but some small enhancements had been introduced. In addition, cover had been updated to consider General Data Protection Regulation requirements. An additional (optional) Cyber Cover policy is being offered. This was considered, but it was considered standard policy coverage was adequate for EGPC’s requirements and it was, therefore, RESOLVED to renew the policy without amendment for a further year.
8. Accounts: for the year ending 31.03.2018 were presented by the Clerk and reviewed by those present. It was agreed to adopt the accounts and the figures will feed into the 2017-18 Annual Return, which is being drafted by the Clerk for review by the HALC internal auditor, prior to being considered by the full Parish Council at their meeting on 18th June. A copy of the approved accounts will be published on the EGPC web site shortly.
9. The Clerk gave an overview of documents that are being updated and which are published on the EGPC web site in draft form, including Standing Orders & Financial Regulations, a new version of the Asset Register and policies including Risk Management, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection, Complaints and Press & Media. It was AGREED due to the number of policies, review in detail would be deferred to future meetings, commencing in June.
The meeting closed at 7:35pm