Minutes of the Annual Meeting
Held on Monday, 17th May 2021 in Eardisley Village Hall
Present: Alan Watkins, Phil Bayliss, Ian Bowman, Chris England, James Forrest, Ken Goodman, Geoff Greenhill, Yvonne King, Andrew Layton, Terry Morgan, Lewis Price, Sue Prosser, Paul Whittall and Steven Whittall
In Attendance: Clerk to the Parish Council, Alison Morgan
Members of the Public: 0
1. Cllr Alan Watkins was duly re-elected as Chairman for the year to May 2022; the Declaration of Acceptance of Office was signed and will be retained by the Clerk in addition to being published on the web site.
2. Cllr James Forrest was re-elected as Vice Chairman for the same period, as above.
3. Apologies were accepted from Nancy James and Tony Raymond.
4. All councillors were reminded of their responsibility to review and update their Notices of Registrable Interests within 28 days of a change to their Disclosable Pecuniary Interests, as per the adopted Code of Conduct.
5. Elections took place for the following roles, which were all re-confirmed following a vote:
5.1. Footpaths Officers: Cllr Steve Whittall (Eardisley), Cllr Ken Goodman (Winforton/Willersley), Cllr Terry Morgan (Whitney)
5.2. Eardisley Village Hall Representative: Cllr Chris England
5.3. Millennium Green Trust Representative: Cllr Geoff Greenhill
6. Membership of Working Groups was reviewed. All councillors agreed to continue in their existing roles and it was RESOLVED the structure should, therefore, remain the same (including existing resident members) until such time as the terms of reference were reviewed, which is planned to happen this year. The Chairman reiterated more resident members were always welcome to join. Anyone interested should contact a councillor or the clerk. Resident members can be co-opted on to a Working Group at any time. An updated membership structure is available on the PC’s web site.
7. Reserves Policy: The draft policy was considered and it was agreed it should be ADOPTED and published on the PC’s web site. It will be reviewed at least annually in line with the PC’s budget setting process.
8. Policy Review: The following policy procedures and documents were tabled for review as part of annual business as per Standing Orders. The Finance & Compliance Working Group (FCWG) was asked to assess whether action is required to include a ‘modern slavery’ statement into relevant policies. The FCWG also undertook to compile a policy review matrix as it was believed not all documents need to be re-evaluated annually. For now, taking into account the comments annotated below, it was AGREED review dates should be extended to the next annual meeting or sooner due to changing circumstances or statutory reasons.
8.1.1. Standing Orders – no change required.
8.1.2. Financial Regulations – no change required. Next review in 2 years.
8.1.3. Code of Conduct – It was noted a new Code has been published by NALC; as EGPC adopted the Herefordshire Council version previously, once this is available, a revised Code will be put forward for adoption shortly. Meanwhile, the existing Code will continue to apply.
8.1.4. Asset Register – The register will be updated once the new noticeboards have been purchased; it was AGREED the silent soldier silhouettes should now be removed from the register
8.1.5. Electronic Banking Policy – no change required.
8.1.6. Grants & Donations Policy – no change required.
8.1.7. Equal Opportunities Policy – no change required.
8.1.8. Data Protection Policies – no change required.
8.1.9. Complaints Procedure – no change required.
8.1.10. Vexatious Complaints Policy – no change required.
8.1.11. Press & Media Policy – It was AGREED the FCWG would review the Press & Media Policy to incorporate use of social media and put it forward for re-adoption at an upcoming meeting